Wondering about all of the ways that you can use your Brew Bags? You’re in the right place - we like to think that our Brew Bags are super versatile, and they’re pretty damn convenient, too.
Read on for our 5 favorite ways to make coffee with a High Side Coffee Brew Bag, any roast works!
#1 The Hot Brew
Our Old Faithful, this is a regular ol’ cup o’ joe. Surprisingly delicious, and just as caffeinated as your specialty Whole Bean - after all, we do use specialty coffee!
It’s super simple to make a hot Brew Bag, you make it just like you would a tea-bag.
- Heat water to just about boiling (we aim to be at about 205º)
- Drop a Brew Bag into your mug, and gently pour 8oz of water over the Brew Bag
- Let your bag soak for about 5-7 minutes, and give it a couple bounces every now and then
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy the easiest cup of coffee you’ve ever had!
- We like to leave our Brew Bags in while we drink - but it’s up to you on how you prefer it
#2 Overnight Cold Brew
We’re based out of San Diego, and sometimes you just need the sweet, icy taste of a good cold brew. It’s important to note that if you want a full Mason Jar sized cup of cold brew, you’ll need to double up on Brew Bags! You can also add a few Brew Bags to a pitcher of water, and have enough for the week.
- Drop a Brew Bag into a cup of 8oz of cold water
- Leave in the fridge overnight, or for at least 12 hours
- That’s literally it - you can add ice, cream, sugar, whiskey, whatever you want!
#3 Desperate Times Brew
The perfect way to make coffee if you’re without access to hot water or a fridge. All you gotta do is set it and forget it.
- Fill up a reusable water bottle or mug with 8-10oz of room temperature water
- Add a Brew Bag, and make sure to fully submerge it a few times
- Let it sit for 20-24 hours - you can give it a good shake or stir every few hours if you remember
- ENJOY your desperate times brew!
#4 Boozy Brew
Sometimes you have a hard day (or week), and you just need a little extra kick in your coffee to getcha goin’.
- Brew your coffee the same way you would a regular Hot Brew
- Add a half of a shot of Bailey’s directly into the mug
- Give it a little stirry stir, and enjoy!
#5 The Summer Afternoon Brew
Like we mentioned earlier, we experience quite a bit of hot days in San Diego, and we love to cool down with a nice coffee cocktail in the afternoons. This drink is by far the most popular at the High Side offices, and amongst our friends.
- Brew your coffee the same way you would a regular 10oz Cold Brew in a large cup (you’ll need to have enough room for ice + more liquid
- You can also make a regular High Side Hot Brew and pop it in the fridge for an hour to cool down
- Add 2 shots of Kahlua, a squeeze of lemon, and a small handful of ice to your cup, top off with some sparkling water (we prefer Topo Chico) and garnish with a lemon wheel
- Add more lemon or sparkling water to your taste!